Key principles to engage your Volunteers in your organization.
- Make sure that the volunteering has a clear purpose and is well supported.
- Make sure volunteers know what is expected of them.
- Organize a welcoming orientation for all new volunteers and keep them updated on changes that affect them.
- Make sure suitable facilities and procedures are in place for volunteers to work and learn effectively.
- Make sure that the project team has enough time to coordinate volunteers, while also keeping on top of other duties.
What are the Benefits?
- Loyal volunteers can help you to get your product (programs or services) to market.
- Engaged volunteers bring diverse points-of-view to your organization.
- Greater cost-effectiveness allow more dollars to be mission-related.
- Valued volunteers improve the reputation of your organization.
For more information on how you can support and get involved please contact the Fort Saskatchewan Volunteer Centre at 780-992-6281 or email us.